Sterile Processing Tech Lead - Sterile Processing
CHRISTUS Spohn Surgical Hospital
6130 Parkway Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Sterile Processing Tech Lead - Sterile Processing Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for shift leadership and coordination of processes related to decontamination, assembling, inspecting, sterilizing and preventative maintenance of all OR instruments and power equipment. Insure proper operation of autoclave units prior to use on a daily basis and record keeping. Assist in orientation of new associates to each work assignment area and total department operation.
The Sterile Processing Department at CHRISTUS Surgical Hospital plays a critical role in ensuring the safety and efficacy of all surgical procedures. Sterile Processing is responsible for ensuring that all surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies are properly sterilized and prepared for use in surgery. Our technicians adhere to strict sterilization and safety protocols.
The facility has 33 beds, 11 Operating Rooms, 2 Endoscopy Procedure rooms, and 3 Isolation Rooms. Our primary surgical procedure is orthopedics surgery with a particular focus on hip and knee replacement surgery using the exclusive and less invasive MAKOplasty procedure.
In addition, we offer a wide range of other surgical procedures, including general ENT, eye, podiatry, dental, plastics, bariatrics, and GYN.
We are committed to providing the best surgical care by focusing on our patients and their needs. We maintain an environment where our surgeons and staff always deliver both excellent and compassionate care, resulting in superior patient outcomes. We also prioritize a positive work culture, including a motivated, team-oriented staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift\carry heavy items repetitively.
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to perform task and duties with minimal to no error
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Two to Four years of Central Service Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- Certification required from either International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CSPDT).