5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Sterile Processing Tech - Ambulatory Surgery Center New Braunfels
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa PASC New Braunfels
Share This Job On
Sterile Processing Tech - Ambulatory Surgery Center New Braunfels Job in New Braunfels
This position is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, assembling, sterilizing, storage and distribution of reusable medical devices and supplies used in patient care. Position is also responsible for the assembly and dispatch of surgical case carts.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Decontaminates and cleans reusable equipment/instruments in accordance with the departmental and OSHA standards.
- Assembles, sterilizes, stores and distributes medical devices and supplies for patient care.
- Adheres to procedures in accordance with departmental and OSHA guidelines when working with materials—Departmental standards are based on AMI- Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.
- Organizes, assembles and dispatches surgical case carts based on computer generated physician preference cards.
- Performs physical inventories of floor stock and SPD to ensure accuracy and integrity of system processes. Provides input on PAR levels. Works and collaborate effort with Material Management in the monitoring of supply usage, storage and organization of materials.
- Operates and understands inventory control devices and programs-Meditech
- Effectively communicates with inter/intradepartmental associates. Demonstrates ability to initiate, receive and relay calls and messages accurately.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities is a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 6 to 12 months of practical application experience gained on the job in all facets of sterile processing considered.
- Sterile processing experience preferred.
- Certified Endoscope Reprocessor (CER) by IAHCSMM preferred
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Tech preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.