Sterile Processing Manager - Sterile Processing
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Sterile Processing Manager - Sterile Processing Job in Corpus Christi
The Manager Sterile Processing coordinates the daily activities of the Central Sterile Processing Department.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging.The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High School diploma and graduate from an accredited program of sterilization; military training in the field of sterile processing/instrumentation .
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills that reflect the Core values.
- Ability to examine, troubleshoot, identify repairs and maintenance needs for surgical instrumentation and medical equipment.
- Problem solving and ability to think critically and the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment.
- Possesses strong personnel management and team building skills that result in a high performing team and excellent Associate job satisfaction.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with other key leaders. Understanding of regional operating unit leadership issues, concerns, and challenges.
- Minimum of five years progressive supervisory or lead experience in an acute care Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Certification required from either International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CSPDT).