CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Statistician Job in Irving
In this role, you will translate data into action to achieve excellence in patient care. To be successful in this role, you will work in collaboration with stakeholders from various departments within the organization to provide advanced data-driven solutions, business insights and support decisions. As a data scientist II in the Health Outcomes & Analytics Department, you will have sound knowledge and experience applying Statistical Models, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and know how to build analytical solutions to deliver insights, insights communication and deliver presentation. In addition, you will demonstrate the ability to combine advanced analytics skills with exceptional business acumen supporting the success of the department’s goal of creating a reliable foundation for ongoing reporting and analytics.
- Lead and support analytical projects by providing Statistical expertise in study design, statistic modeling, data analysis, outcome interpretation and communication.
- Ability to apply statistics knowledge, develop analytics solutions (descriptive, inferencing, predictive, and prescriptive), and derive insights to support business decisions, and proactively come up with ideas to explore and uncover new findings and improve process efficiency.
- Provides technical development expertise for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and supporting all types of analytical products consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
- Develop a deep understanding of the key initiative of the organization, and be able to provide analytical solutions that provides actionable recommendations to drive success.
- Participate in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- Communicate analytical findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way to non-technical audiences, both in oral and written presentations.
- Work closely across many departments, including Information Services teams to automate recurring tasks and improve processes to continually increase efficiency
- Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science, Math or a related discipline is required
- Proficiency with programming languages, automation tools and stats packages (e.g. R, python, SAS, hive) is required
- Sound knowledge and experience in Statistical Models and Data Mining is required
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks etc. is required
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical skills with business acumen
- Must have communication skills and the ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, and preferably 5 years of experience, of leveraging advanced analytics to drive business decisions
- Strong background in Statistic modeling and development of analytics solution based on business needs
- Experience with BI/visualization packages, preferably MicroStrategy
- Strongly prefer experience working in the healthcare setting and utilizing healthcare data to generate insights, including the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of healthcare data analytics terminology and concept, e.g. CMS, HEDIS, NHSN, and NDNQI inpatient and outpatient programs and ICD, CPT, APR/MS-DRG, and MDC coding, and other key industry terms such as, LOS, GMLOS, OBS etc.