Staffing Resource - ED Coordinator
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
3330 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Staffing Resource - ED Coordinator Job in Alexandria
Staffing Resource and Bed coordinator is responsible for maintaining staffing and scheduling information for designated clinical areas/ departments. With a coordinated effort with assigned clinical areas facilitates the most up to date and accurate staffing sheets for upcoming staffing shift needs in accordance with House Supervisors and/or nursing leadership. Assists in the coordination of bed control by tracking, performing and enforcing all activities which involve the placement and movement of patients and helps to monitor efficient admissions and discharges.
- Provides coordination for staffing resources for the respective patient care units at Cabrini as delegated in conjunction with Unit department coordinators/ analysts and/or leadership in a responsive and proactive manner.
- Provides coordination for staffing resources from assigned staffing and float pool.
- Maintains integrity of staffing resources and ensures staffing practices are consistent with guidelines established by the respective clinical area
- Anticipates supplemental staffing needs to secure additional staff as back up. Ensures appropriate administrative approvals prior to utilizing overtime and/or agency.
- Records and provides additional documentation for call-ins through established mechanisms (paper and/or electronic) as appropriate.
- Ensures agency attendance is recorded by shift and unit and ensures timely entry of this data with subsequent reporting for finance.
- Files and stores daily and monthly schedules and other reports as identified.
·Monitors bed board of patients and notifies supervisor and nursing staff of changes in bed status at the start of the shift and throughout the day
·Monitors and updates bed blocks
·Works with EVS prioritizing the need for rooms to be cleaned and works with EVS to efficiently place patients in beds
·Communicates with House Supervisor and/or Nurse Administrator of delays
·Provides training to other Patient Access Staff on bed control responsibilities.
·Communicates frequently with charge nurses on the units, case managers and/or unit leadership to ensure pending admitted patients receive room assignment as quickly as possible.
·Know Ambulance and Transfer Diversion policy and maintain working knowledge of Capacity and Surge developmental policies, processes and practice to facilitate admissions and/or discharges within the facility.
·Performs Area Census as needed.
·Prepare and maintain reports and records as directed or required.Assists in maintaining department files.
·Performs other duties as assigned in a willing manner and completes these duties in a timely fashion.
·Works collaboratively and closely with formal and informal leaders, Nursing Administrators and Hospitalist to anticipate and meet daily staffing needs based on acuity, patient care needs and census.
·Communicates anticipated staffing needs to nursing based on hospital census.
·Works closely with the Emergency Room, Nursing, Case Management and Environmental Services regarding utilization management and review of beds
·Follows up in the Emergency Room on admitted patients to ensure they are moved swiftly onto the floors.
·Communicates with nursing staff during increasing or decreasing periods of patient activity
·Frequent communication with staff to audit bed occupancy
·Pages information to multiple staff as needed direct admits, ED Boarders, ER to OR patients
·Responsible for registration of direct admissions
· Licensed Practical Nurse and/or Registered Nurse Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred