Apply Now Staff Pharmacist IP Pharmacy/Per Diem Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Promotes the safe and effective use of medication for all patients of the hospital through proper interpretation of physician orders, accurate dispensing of pharmaceuticals, and monitoring of therapy. Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to other health care providers. Maintains and reviews patient profiles and makes recommendations to prescribes to ensure appropriateness of therapy, avoid drug interactions and adverse reaction. Provides for appropriate inventories of approved medication for routine, emergency, and floor stock situation.
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy is required. Continuous education to maintain licensure is required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensure by New Mexico Board of Pharmacy is required. Continuous education to maintain licensure and certification(s), if any, is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced mathematical skills required
- Keyboarding skills are preferred (must be able to develop competence using hospital pharmacy software)
- Word processing skills are preferred
- Must have the ability to work with medical staff, nursing staff and other healthcare employees.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience as a licensed pharmacist preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Pharmacy
- Bloodborne pathogen B (Occasional exposure in daily duties. Little expected risk, but may be exposed unexpectedly to potentially infectious materials. Exposure may be superficial and limited to a small amount of fluid.) Close quarters in a busy environment. Possible exposure to patients with infectious diseases. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals and allergenic drug products. Extended exposure to video display terminals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work at a rapid pace throughout entire shift, while under demanding workloads and stressful situations. Hearing sufficient to use telephones and pagers and vision sufficient to read physician orders, requisitions and reports. Hand to eye coordination sufficient for aseptic technique.