8AM - 5PM
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
4503 Broadway Street
San Antonio, TX 78209
Share This Job On
Apply Now Staff Accountant Job in San Antonio
Responsibilities include account reconciliation and analysis, journal entry and financial statement preparation, budget variation analysis and assistance with special projects, budget preparation and annual audits. Must have a strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and health care industry accounting practices, and apply those standards to CCVI – The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word congregation. Individual must continually evaluate existing policies and procedures and recommend changes as environment changes to ensure optimum internal control. Individual must maintain a professional mannerism and appearance, effectively deal with internal users of financial information, work independently with little supervision and be flexible to work irregular hours.
- Analyzes and prepares timely and accurate financial statements and statistical reports on a monthly basis as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Performs monthly account reconciliation as assigned by Accounting Manager. Resolves any differences and prepares necessary journal entries.
- Performs monthly variation analysis on assigned accounts and departments. Make timely corrections as necessary.
- Assists department heads with questions related to monthly expense reports. Make timely corrections as necessary.
- Assists in automation of accounting functions in order to more efficiently complete required tasks.
- Assists in developing and documenting accounting policies and procedures to ensure optimum internal control.
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles, industry accounting practices and analytical and problem-solving techniques to daily situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Assists in special projects, budget preparation and annual audit as necessary.
- Upholds professional standards and commitment expected by Finance Division.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessments, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of Santa Rosa Health Care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting or Business Administration required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Experience with CYMA Not-for-profit Accounting Software or other general ledger systems
- Nonprofit and/or investment accounting experience is a plus
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates