Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
The Speech Pathologist is directly responsible to the manager/coordinator and/or his or her designee. Assists with the direction, utilization, supervision, instruction, and evaluation of supportive staff, volunteers, and students utilized in the department/facility. Responsible for interpreting and carrying out the prescription of the physician; receiving and writing verbal orders from physicians, nurse practitioners, and/or physician assistants in accordance with practice act guidelines; good public relations; protection of confidential data; economic use of time; equipment and supplies; and safety and welfare of patients and other associates. Performs other diverse duties as requested.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Speech Language Pathology.
- New graduates are accepted for this position, although experience is preferred. Intern supervision can be arranged for Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, Intern Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, or eligible to obtain licensure within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) within one year of hire/transfer.
- American Heart Association BLS
Per Diem as Needed