Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers remedial treatments for patients with speech and hearing disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing, and oral motor disorders. Records speech samples and conducts phonetic analyses of speech ability. Documents test results and recommends remedial treatment. Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation and auditory skills. Confers with associates and institutes treatment utilizing corrective exercises and special equipment. Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Speech Language Pathology.
- New graduates are accepted for this position, although experience is preferred. Intern supervision can be arranged for Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, Intern Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, or eligible to obtain licensure within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) within one year of hire/transfer.
- American Heart Association BLS
Per Diem As Needed