Apply Now Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy Job in Corpus Christi
Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers remedial treatments for patients with speech and hearing disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing, and oral motor disorders. Records speech samples and conducts phonetic analyses of speech ability. Documents test results and recommends remedial treatment. Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation and auditory skills. Confers with associates and institutes treatment utilizing corrective exercises and special equipment. Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Speech Language Pathology.
- New graduates are accepted for this position, although experience is preferred. Intern supervision can be arranged for Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, Intern Texas Speech Language Pathologist License, or eligible to obtain licensure within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) within one year of hire/transfer.
- American Heart Association BLS