8AM - 5PM
Specialty Pharmacy Manager
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Specialty Pharmacy Manager Job in Tyler
Pharmacy Leader responsible for coaching, guiding, leading, and mentoring the pharmacy team to optimize patient care delivery, pharmacy, and pharmacy practice. Focused on specialty pharmacy operations and general oversight of all pharmacy services related to specialty pharmacy.In alignment with system and regional leadership, supports development of vision and direction for quality evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- Proficient in living the Mission and Core Values and coach/mentor specialty pharmacy staff to optimize performance of specialty pharmacy.
- Lead and manage the business of specialty pharmacy with support from the System Pharmacy Leadership.
- Ensures pharmacists, technicians, residents receive ongoing training, competency assessment and performance improvement activities to improve patient outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with providers and other internal stakeholders to drive capture of specialty prescriptions in an effort to improve care.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders as well as System Pharmacy Leadership to create infrastructure to obtain URAC/ACHC accreditations.
- Partner with Human Resources to complete talent acquisition, development, and retention activities for the specialty pharmacy team.
- Provides appropriate drug information services, in-service education, communication, etc. to keep pharmacy, physician and nursing staff aware of important changes in specialty pharmacy policy, procedure or Formulary status.Assist with pharmacy education initiatives and development and/or improvement of the pharmacy service/model.
- Participates in committee meetings(s) as determined by System Pharmacy Leadership to support organizational initiatives.
- Serves as a preceptor for pharmacy students/residents from local colleges of Pharmacy, pharmacy residents (if applicable), and/or other healthcare professionals in training.
- Enhances personal professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date on all Federal, State and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements, which apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws and regulations.
- Will comply with all aspects of the CHRISTUS Health Corporate Compliance Plan to include the immediate reporting of any known or suspected illegal or unethical behaviors, criminal conduct or patient/employee safety violations or issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Pharm.D. (preferred) BS Pharm (acceptable), advanced degree preferred (MBA, MHA)
- PGY1/PGY2 Health System Pharmacy Administration or PGY2 Specialty Pharmacy residency preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of EHR and pharmacy workflow solutions (Epic, Meditech, QS1)
- Knowledge of 340B program
- 5+ years of retail pharmacy experience required, specialty pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Prefer experience as a Pharmacist In Charge
- Prefer experience at a 340B covered entity
- Current pharmacy licensure (good standing) in the state of Texas and/or Louisiana. Ability and willingness to obtain in other states should the business need arise.