Specialty Coder Senior - Remote Job in Tyler
*This position is remote for our Cardiology department.
Responsible for maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding of all daily Anesthesia services, charge review and claim edit work queues, reconciliation, and coding denials. Via assigned work queues, verifies all charges and code assignments are correct, including the correct application of modifiers. Responsible for resolving Anesthesia coding denials. Communicates regularly with providers regarding coding concerns, missing/incomplete documentation, and coding policy updates. The Specialty Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical records systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AMA CPT Guidelines.
- Completion of an AAPC CCC or CCVTC certification is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of Cardiology coding for a physician practice
- 1 year of professional billing, claim denials, appeals, and/or revenue cycle work preferred
- Expert knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, and medical terminology
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial payers coding/billing guidelines and compliance regulations, including medical policy restrictions (LCDs and NCDs)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Proficient using multiple software applications, including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability to meet set productivity and quality standards
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, as well as part of a team
- EPIC and Meditech experience preferred