Social Worker MSW II - Case Management - Full Time
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Social Worker MSW II - Case Management - Full Time Job in Longview
This position is responsible for assisting in meeting the patient's needs throughout the continuum of care. Guides patients, families, physicians, and to the appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life. Interviews patients and families/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment. Assists patients and families in adjustments to illness, disabilities, and resolving difficulties which interfere with the care management process. Provides psychosocial assessments and develops an interdisciplinary plan of care with the patient and stakeholders to best meet the needs of patients and families. Implements/assist with discharge planning services related to the complex patient.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work or related field.
- LCSW or LMSW License in state of employment
- Two years experience involving direct patient care is preferred.
- Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work. Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly developed skills in individual and /or group methods.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences.
- Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.