8AM - 5PM
Social Worker MSW II - Case Management
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker MSW II - Case Management Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
This position is responsible for assisting in meeting the patient’s needs throughout the continuum of care. Guides patients, families, physicians, and to the appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life. Interviews patients and families/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment. Assists patients and families in adjustments to illness, disabilities, and resolving difficulties which interfere with the care management process. Provides psychosocial assessments and develops an interdisciplinary plan of care with the patient and stakeholders to best meet the needs of patients and families. Implements/assist with discharge planning services related to the complex patient.
· Master of Social Work degree from an accredited college or university is required
· Ability to adapt quickly in an ever changing environment of care
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Word processing/Excel skills
· Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Good attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledgeable of social resources available to both inpatient and outpatient
· Analytical decision making and judgment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family
· Two (2) years acute patient care is preferred.
· Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work. Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly developed skills in individual and /or group methods
· Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences
· Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems
· Must possess and demonstrate higher level critical thinking skills, and have the ability to prioritize and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess a valid LMSW to practice social work in the state of Texas
· CPR preferred