Social Worker MSW II-Case Management
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker MSW II-Case Management Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
This position is responsible for assisting in meeting the patient’s needs throughout the continuum of care. Guides patients, families, physicians, and to the appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life. Interviews patients and families/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment. Assists patients and families in adjustments to illness, disabilities, and resolving difficulties which interfere with the care management process. Provides psychosocial assessments and develops an interdisciplinary plan of care with the patient and stakeholders to best meet the needs of patients and families. Implements/assist with discharge planning services related to the complex patient.
· Master of Social Work degree from an accredited college or university is required.
· Ability to adapt quickly in an ever changing environment of care.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Word processing/Excel skills.
· Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Good attention to detail and accuracy.
· Knowledgeable of social resources available to both inpatient and outpatient.
· Analytical decision making and judgment Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family.
· Two (2) years acute patient care is preferred.
· Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work. Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly developed skills in individual and /or group methods.
· Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences.
· Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems Must possess and demonstrate higher level critical thinking skills, and have the ability to prioritize and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess a valid LMSW to practice social work in the state of Texas.