Social Worker MSW - Case Management - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Supervises or performs a variety of services, such as advising on social problems, arranging for discharge or postoperative care at home or in institutions, placement of children in foster homes or adults in nursing homes, financial assistance to patients or families during illnesses, and alleviation of anxieties or fears concerning permanent disabilities, disfiguring illnesses, or uncertainty about the future. Master's Degree in Social Work required.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work or related field.
- Two years experience involving direct patient care is preferred. Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work. Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly developed skills in individual and /or group methods. Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences. Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems.
- LMSW or LCSW licensure required through Texas Department of Health.
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.