5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Social Worker BSW II - Case Management
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Social Worker BSW II - Case Management Job in Tyler
Interviews patients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical problems and planning. Assists patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Serves as liaison between medical and nursing staffs, patients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies. Interprets and assists in resolving social problems that relate to medical condition and/or hospitalization.
- The Social Worker is responsible for meeting patient need for the continuum of care by the discharge planning process.
- Directs access to appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life.
- Interviews patients and their family members/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment.
- Assist patients and families in adjustments to illness and disabilities and resolving personal financial and environmental difficulties which interfere with the care management process.
- Provides crisis intervention, individual and family therapy where skilled social work judgment is required.
- Provide discharge arrangements beginning upon patient’s admission.
- Attends and actively participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds and works with the health care team to collaboratively formulate appropriate and realistic discharge plans.
- Assesses the psychosocial needs of family members / support systems that may interfere with optimizing the patient’s care management.
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of addressing patient’s quality of life by maintaining current and up to date information of community resources and refers patients to those community resources which will enhance patient’s life.
- Provides resource/referral for counseling services and other recognized psychosocial therapies, child abuse referrals, adult protective service referrals, guardianship petitions and psychiatric petitions.
- Initiates referrals and appears in court as subpoenaed.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the patients served by the department.
- Provides referral to Spiritual Care and assist in crisis intervention to patients and their family members involved in emergency trauma, deaths, loss of home, family violence, etc.
- Assess high-risk patients who exhibit behaviors that are maladaptive to the adjustment of the illness and /or disability.
- Bachelor's Degree
- LBSW in state of employment
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.