8AM - 5PM
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker Job in Tyler
The Social Worker supervises or performs a variety of services, such as advising on social problems, arranging for discharge or postoperative care at home or in institutions, placement of children in foster homes or adults in nursing homes, financial assistance to patients or families during illnesses, and alleviation of anxieties or fears concerning permanent disabilities, disfiguring illnesses, or uncertainty about the future.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of Social Work or field of study. Master's degree is preferred.
- LBSW or LMSW or LCSW licensure required through Texas Department of Health.
- New graduates accepted and three years’ experience involving direct patient care is preferred.
- Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences.
- Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems.