CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St Elizabeth Hospital
2830 Calder Avenue
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker Job in Beaumont
Coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode, across the continuum. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes. Skills needed include excellent written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, creative problem solving, proficient organization, and planning. Must be self-directed and have the ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and a demanding workload. Knowledge of funding, resources, services, clinical standards, and outcomes is preferred. Collaborate with family, health care team members, payers, and patients to assure optimal care, facilitate appropriate utilization of resources; assure appropriate discharge planning and follow up care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required.
- Must satisfy any continuing education required by licensure.
- Computer skills required
- Demonstrated advanced communications and interpersonal skills
- Any social work duty that is approved by the Texas Board of Human Resources, preferably in Medical setting.
- Experience in working with clients/families, making referrals to community agencies as needed.
- Two years acute hospital experience preferred.