Service Line Director, Capital Equipment
CHRISTUS System Office
CORP Supply Chain-79900
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Service Line Director, Capital Equipment Job in Irving
This position reports to the System Director, Strategic Sourcing and will represent the service line expertise to all CHRISTUS Health facilities and staff including C-Suite and physicians. The Service Line Director, Capital Equipment will be responsible for providing management support and the development and maintenance of CHRISTUS Health's medical capital equipment program and service line while providing support for the implementation of capital equipment projects identified by the internal Supply Chain team, hospitals, CHRISTUS ministries and current group purchasing organization (GPO). This position will be responsible for adhering to established sourcing processes, RFP development, conducting group buys, standardization initiatives, supplier contract, and pricing negotiations, and developing fully executed contracts. Additionally, the Service Line Director, Capital Equipment will support the development of each facility's annual capital budget and monitor their compliance throughout the fiscal year. To be an effective part of the team, the Service Line Director, Capital Equipment must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret facility needs, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes and present project deliverables to both line staff and executive staff.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health's Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Serves as the medical equipment subject matter expert to all CHRISTUS Health facility department directors, C-Suite and physicians.
- Assists in implementing CHRISTUS Health Standards of Business practices, market standardization, and consumption minimization while supporting the Supply Chain Vision and Mission.
- Aligns efforts with the CHRISTUS Health Asset Management Program in conjunction with the annual capital equipment budget to identify opportunities for standardization and sourcing initiatives.
- Supports development of facility-level annual capital budgets and monitors compliance with those budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Identifies, develops and manages capital equipment group buy program based on approved annual capital budgets.
- Establish, track and monitor the service line's annual performance objectives -- both qualitative and quantitative -- and report these on a regular basis (minimum quarterly) to the team and System Director.
- Develops, maintains and updates the service line projects on an annual project/work plan.
- Negotiation and management of capital equipment purchase, lease, and rental agreements.
- Provides leadership and development of a capital equipment value analysis team to select and implement strategies for cost reduction, supplier consolidation, quality improvements, and process efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing capital equipment strategic sourcing initiatives including, but not limited to, standardization, utilization, bulk buys, group buys, etc.
- Collaborates in the short and long-term strategic planning process to identify sourcing opportunities at the local, regional and system level.
- Partners with the Clinical Service Line Directors and sourcing team to develop initiative strategy, clinical requirements and category specific terms and conditions for Request for Proposal (RFP) submissions.
- Oversees contract negotiation of RFP terms and conditions with suppliers as well as summarize proposal results.
- Follows the contract checklist and contract launch package process upon contract award.
- Responsibility for specific sourcing initiatives to include opportunity identification, supplier negotiation and delivering fully executed contracts.
- Present for approval project rationale, timeline and opportunity impact.
- Management and tracking of conversions and implantation process.
- Interfaces with various levels of management and requires external contacts with important end users, hospital executives, internal customers, and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for custom contracts to fill gaps and increase contract coverage for the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Sets and achieves savings targets for service line working with GPO.
- Enforces compliance with contracted GPO vendors, as applicable.
- Designs and creates charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations.
- Cultivates and develops both new and existing relationships in the facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the System Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- Must be a Registered Radiologic Technologist or have a Bachelor's degree
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Ability to translate objectives and tasks into priority project planning and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to write, redline, negotiate and execute custom contracts and tiers
- Ability to understand and manipulate financial analysis
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to work on assignments independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Meeting deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to operate in a complex, dynamic environment
- Highly proficient traveler with the ability to be away from home up to 50%
- Minimum of 5 years radiology, nursing, biomedical engineering or similar clinical experience within an acute-care setting
- Minimum of 5 years of capital equipment contract negotiating experience either in a hospital setting, a healthcare company, working with a healthcare IDN or GPO
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a large health system capital equipment program and sourcing events
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating favorable terms and competitive pricing with top medical and capital equipment manufactures
- Strong relationship building with executives and key stakeholders
- The ability to articulate all aspects of projects and policies
- A proven track record of successfully managing and delivering multiple, concurrent capital projects, activities, and tasks on time, within scope, and within budget
- Demonstrated high level of project accountability and ownership from inception through completion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed work plans, including project milestones, risk assessment/management plans, and project timelines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret equipment specifications, quotes, and cost estimates
- Experience with formal solicitations, including bids and requests for proposals
- Excellent analytical, organizational, presentation, customer service, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize work and pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill and ability in understanding stakeholders' needs and meeting them within policy guidelines and in building collaborative team relationships