8AM - 5PM
Service Line Clinical Program Director - Pharmacy
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Apply Now Service Line Clinical Program Director - Pharmacy Job in Irving
This position reports to the Vice President, Supply Chain. The Service Line Director, Pharmacy will be responsible for providing system-wide management of the pharmacy contract portfolio including custom and Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts for CHRISTUS Health. This position is responsible for maintaining relationships and serving as a liaison between the GPO, pharmacy suppliers, local ministries and the corporate pharmacy team. To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret facility needs, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes and present project deliverables to multiple audiences.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Assists in analyzing and implementing the pharmacy contract portfolio while supporting the Supply Chain Vision and Mission.
- Serves as the system-wide supply chain pharmacy subject matter expert to all CHRISTUS Health facility department directors, buyers and executives.
- Serves as the liaison between the group purchasing organization (GPO), pharmacy suppliers and the corporate pharmacy team.
- Establish, track and monitor the service line’s monthly and annual performance objectives and report these on the savings pipeline monthly.
- Serves as the clinical expert for the service line to the contracting team and works closely with them on contract requirements for custom contracts.
- Identifies opportunities for custom contracts to fill gaps and increase contract coverage for the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Works with the pharmacy analyst to prepare savings opportunities and track implemented results including rebates earned.
- Manages, tracks and regularly reports on status of service line projects.
- Identifies opportunities within service line that assist system in lowering not only cost of supplies but also utilization of supplies.
- Serves as a resource on the Corporate Pharmacy P&T Committee providing updates on current initiatives and contract updates.
- Sets and achieves savings targets for service line working with the GPO and pharmacy wholesaler.
- Supports pharmacy efforts in our physician clinics and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Participates on the GPO Pharmacy Advisory Board calls and meetings.
- Signs the GPO letters of commitments for all facilities.
- Interfaces with various levels of management and requires external contacts with important end users, hospital executives, internal customers and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Uses research, data analysis and modeling to gain support for project implementation and development of project plan.
- Designs and creates charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations.
- Cultivates and develops both new and existing relationships in the facilities.
- Develops and plans for any mitigation steps necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- BS or PharmD in pharmacy required; Master’s Degree preferred 5-7 years related experience
- Minimum 5 –year related experience in healthcare service line
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Analytical and quantitative thinker
- Business planning skills to include cost impact analysis
- Enjoys teaching, coaching, and mentoring
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare cost accounting, finance, reimbursement, clinical services, and ancillary and related support services
- Ability to operate in a complex, dynamic environment
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Meeting deadlines in high pressure environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role working for a large health system/IDN with multiple facilities including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and clinics.
- Acute care pharmacy leadership experience or GPO experience preferred.
- Requires a high degree of professional knowledge in (service line) products and processes including familiarity with 340B.
- Clinical pharmacy experience including formulary management preferred.
- Requires a high degree of Value Analysis Team processes and experience including facilitation.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in a leadership role supporting the pharmacy service line.
- Active licensure as a pharmacist within the United States required; Louisiana, Texas or New Mexico licensure preferred