8AM - 5PM
Service Line Clinical Program Director - Pharmacy
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Service Line Clinical Program Director - Pharmacy Job in Irving
This position reports to the Vice President, Supply Chain. The Service Line Director, Pharmacy will be responsible for providing system-wide management of the pharmacy contract portfolio including custom and Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts for CHRISTUS Health. This position is responsible for maintaining relationships and serving as a liaison between the GPO, pharmacy suppliers, local ministries and the corporate pharmacy team. To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret facility needs, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes and present project deliverables to multiple audiences.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Assists in analyzing and implementing the pharmacy contract portfolio while supporting the Supply Chain Vision and Mission.
- Serves as the system-wide supply chain pharmacy subject matter expert to all CHRISTUS Health facility department directors, buyers and executives.
- Serves as the liaison between the group purchasing organization (GPO), pharmacy suppliers and the corporate pharmacy team.
- Establish, track and monitor the service line’s monthly and annual performance objectives and report these on the savings pipeline monthly.
- Serves as the clinical expert for the service line to the contracting team and works closely with them on contract requirements for custom contracts.
- Identifies opportunities for custom contracts to fill gaps and increase contract coverage for the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Works with the pharmacy analyst to prepare savings opportunities and track implemented results including rebates earned.
- Manages, tracks and regularly reports on status of service line projects.
- Identifies opportunities within service line that assist system in lowering not only cost of supplies but also utilization of supplies.
- Serves as a resource on the Corporate Pharmacy P&T Committee providing updates on current initiatives and contract updates.
- Sets and achieves savings targets for service line working with the GPO and pharmacy wholesaler.
- Supports pharmacy efforts in our physician clinics and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Participates on the GPO Pharmacy Advisory Board calls and meetings.
- Signs the GPO letters of commitments for all facilities.
- Interfaces with various levels of management and requires external contacts with important end users, hospital executives, internal customers and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Uses research, data analysis and modeling to gain support for project implementation and development of project plan.
- Designs and creates charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations.
- Cultivates and develops both new and existing relationships in the facilities.
- Develops and plans for any mitigation steps necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- BS or PharmD in pharmacy required; Master’s Degree preferred 5-7 years related experience
- Minimum 5 –year related experience in healthcare service line
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Analytical and quantitative thinker
- Business planning skills to include cost impact analysis
- Enjoys teaching, coaching, and mentoring
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare cost accounting, finance, reimbursement, clinical services, and ancillary and related support services
- Ability to operate in a complex, dynamic environment
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Meeting deadlines in high pressure environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role working for a large health system/IDN with multiple facilities including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and clinics.
- Acute care pharmacy leadership experience or GPO experience preferred.
- Requires a high degree of professional knowledge in (service line) products and processes including familiarity with 340B.
- Clinical pharmacy experience including formulary management preferred.
- Requires a high degree of Value Analysis Team processes and experience including facilitation.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in a leadership role supporting the pharmacy service line.
- Active licensure as a pharmacist within the United States required; Louisiana, Texas or New Mexico licensure preferred