Service Desk Analyst
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Service Desk Analyst Job in San Antonio
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for supporting the functional and operational efficiency of Information Management and the Service Support Division. Will take ownership of resolving first level customer service requests related to both hardware and software and will use excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills along with a patient, positive, and customer-friendly attitude within a team environment. Will also be highly customer service orientated and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computer resources.
The Service Desk Analyst is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives of the Service Desk, the Service Support Division, Information Management, and the CHRISTUS organization as a whole. Is also expected to cooperate with other personnel and workgroups, to practice ongoing self-development, and to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the CHRISTUS Mission, Core Values, and Vision.
- Provides first level hardware and software technical support to include password resets in a professional and timely manner, while ensuring Five-Star Customer Service to both CHRISTUS Health and external customers seeking assistance from the Service Desk through phone calls, emails, or self service tickets.
- Provides effective Five-Star Customer Service by being polite, courteous, and friendly towards all customers at all times. Acknowledges customers immediately in order to determine need and helps the customer resolve issues or requests. Participates in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Provides customers with assistance in understanding and making appropriate use of software tools and various applications and equipment such as, but not limited to MEDITECH, Microsoft Office Suite, WYSE/PC terminals, and printers to support end user and/or customer requests.
- Answers customer questions and concerns regarding system operations and responds proactively in resolving system issues by assessing the extent of problem and escalating the issue to next level support when necessary.
- Determines higher tiered or second level support group responsible if First Call Resolution does not occur. Adheres to all established Service Desk policies, procedures, and guidelines for processing, escalating, notifying and closing customer calls.
- Fully documents all associated resolutions and/or actions taken in the ticketing software system, including but not limited to, description of incident, information on the customer and hardware used, troubleshooting methods performed, and actions taken to final resolution and furthermore communicates resolution/escalation to the customer.
- Manages Support Teams Service Desk dockets to ensure customer SLAs are being adhered to. Follows up with internal and external support technicians and analysts for ticket status updates.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing by creating Knowledge Base Articles and Wiki entries for Information Management support teams to utilize in resolving reoccurring issues.
- Assists Service Desk Analyst II's and III's and second level support analysts in evaluating change management resolutions on new products and technologies for the organization.
- Serves as a liaison between Information Management Department and all customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Service Desk Team Leads, Service Desk Supervisor, or Service Desk Manager
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of basic PC skills, familiarity with computer technologies, network environments and activities a plus.
- Good typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – minimum passing grade of 70 on basic grammar test.
- Problem solving skills.
- Patience, compassion, strong customer service skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Time Management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal communications skills.
One year Customer Service experience required.
One year Call Center/Help Desk/Service Desk preferred.
Successful completion of all Service Desk Operator competencies required.
A+, Network + or other industry certifications a plus.