Senior Patient Representative Clinic ($2,000 Sign On Available)
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Preventive Medicine of Southeast Texas
5875 North Major Drive
Beaumont, TX 77713
Share This Job On
Apply Now Senior Patient Representative Clinic ($2,000 Sign On Available) Job in Beaumont
The Senior Patient Representative is responsible for check-in and check-out of patients in a Physician Practice. The Patient Representative processes and enters charge information into database. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. Completes billing process and distributes billing information.
- Checks patient in, verifies and updates necessary information in EMR. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Maintains appointment schedule, files charts, coordinates lab work, and responds to routine request for information.
- Responsible for accurately processing tickets as patients exit the clinic. Review tickets for accuracy and completeness, determines appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amount from patients, properly record information.
- Process payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of medical billing experience, including ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator by touch, multi-line telephone, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong math knowledge.