Senior Patient Access Rep - Patient Financial Services
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS GS ASO Patient Billing Pre Auth Access Center
701 North 6th Street
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Senior Patient Access Rep - Patient Financial Services Job in Longview
Performs duties relative to financial aspects of patient care, including financial counseling, billing and collection of accounts. Assists managers with various other duties as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate a telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of three years of physician billing experience.
- Candidate must possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology.