Senior Marketing Specialist
CHRISTUS System Office
Marketing and Communications
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Senior Marketing Specialist Job in Irving
The Senior Marketing Specialist (“the Specialist”) is responsible for leading coordination of marketing and communication activities for CHRISTUS entities and departments/initiatives as directed by the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications as part of the system strategic marketing and communications department’s function. Specifically, the Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting with regional/entity marketing plan development and customer relationship management (CRM) program development which includes: coordination of system health campaigns or other branding/marketing messaging as needed for regional use, coordination with system ad agencies and graphic designers for campaign development and/or order form development, understanding CRM strategies for the deployment at the regional/entity level, identifying customer segments and engagement activities especially in terms of affinity groups and related specialized targets, utilizing third party contracted applications, assisting Director of CRM with regional/entity educational opportunities/meetings and coordination of plug-in products such as e-newsletters and printing production as needed, and serving as the primary department contact for Project Management of internal system department requests which includes, but not limited to: Human Resources, Wellness/Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, Legal, Mission and Ethics, etc. The Specialist will possess the ability to manage outside vendors, ad agencies, graphic designers, production companies, printers and related contracted resources to meet deadline and budget requirements for projects. Coordination also involves teaming the right internal resources for project completion interfacing with others such as writing/communications, PR/social media, strategic planning, business development, legal, etc.
The Specialist will serve as primary department contact for brand management including creation and maintenance of the CHRISTUS Brand Center (Identity Manager), maintaining brand standards and logo guidelines, processing name requests with region/entities and system Legal department, managing third party branding vendor relations and contracts, handling external signage requests/designs/capital requests, managing the CHRISTUS Store and all other duties related to identity management and third party vendor coordination. The Specialist will be the primary department contact for system special events as needed including Touchstone awards, Open Houses, charitable event participation, etc.
This Specialist will possess a strong marketing strategy and communications background with the ability to assess the utilization of marketing resources including advertising, public relations, collateral materials, CRM, e-Marketing, sales activity, etc., to best utilize budget and meet pre-defined goals or return on investment levels. The Specialist will serve as a partner to regions/entities in their planning efforts supporting the use of system resources such as CRM third party data, e-Marketing offerings, design resources and similar components to help develop and implement their marketing plans and campaigns (especially related to growing profitable business and increasing sales). The Specialist will serve as an internal Project Manager to system departments for coordination of campaign needs, collateral material creation and production, and special projects assistance, working with all system department members including the areas of marketing, CRM, PR/social media, communications, etc., for project coordination. The Specialist will help coordinate agency involvement as needed, create promotional pieces/items and other printed materials to support these marketing efforts and events; and serve as a liaison to regional marketing leaders for their involvement in system Associate communication efforts as needed.
The Senior Marketing Specialist will be in a position to interface daily with various publics and constituents, including senior leadership at the system and entity level, marketing professionals at all regional entities, ad agencies and design firms, board members, news media representatives, community and political leaders and the general public. The Specialist will be privy to and responsible for confidential corporate information, including strategic plans, financial information, risk management situations and patient information and should exercise professional judgment in relation to maintaining the confidentiality of such knowledge and information.
- In cooperation with the Senior System Director, assist in developing and implementing marketing plans with maximized system resource utilization, including working closely with the marketing/communications staffs and senior leaders at the regions and entities.
- Serve as the primary department Project Manager for CHRISTUS system departments for large initiatives that need intensive on-going marketing support and communications plan development and implementation.
- Serve as the primary contact for ad agency and graphic design coordination for system marketing health campaigns and related projects to support regional/entity goals and objectives.
- Lead all brand and identity management activities including development and maintenance of the CHRISTUSBrandCenter (Identity Manager), vendor management, contract negotiation, external signage and capital requests, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of various freelance and contract support including advertising agencies, graphic designers, production companies, ad specialty firms, printers, photographers and artists as needed for marketing and communication projects.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications, graphic design, new media or equivalent required.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing, advertising and design theory.
- Solid understanding of health care and how to communicate within the acute and non-acute business environments and target audiences;
- Basic design skills in Illustrator, Adobe and/or similar products; solid knowledge of eMarketing, printing production and the design process; thorough understanding of branding and graphic standards theory.
- Must possess powerful and clear written and verbal communications skills, project management skills with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to conduct meetings via in person and phone, handle group presentations, host webinars and be confident in engaging in the ad agency/vendor management process.
- Ability to travel for up to several days at a time during the week.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including software such as graphic design, Adobe, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and various other programs.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to perform a large number of tasks with varying degrees of difficulty and to maintain flexibility in managing priorities.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external audiences in a professional and competent manner, including system senior management, board members, local CEOs and senior leaders, physicians and Sisters.
- Ability to build consensus among varying audiences, negotiate change, handle contentious situations calmly and professionally.
- Ability to responsibly handle confidential information.
- Ability to work with little supervision, set priorities, establish schedules and meet deadlines.
- Must be mentally alert and able to plan and organize work schedule. Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure and with frequent interruptions. Must have a good memory and capacity for detail.
- Possess at least 5 – 8 years experience working in a marketing, communications or graphic design department or firm, with a heavy emphasis on project and ad agency management, preferable at the system/corporate health care level or within a hospital environment.
- At least 3 years experience in health care industry.