Apply Now Senior Financial Analyst Accounting/Full-Time Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Analyst works closely and collaboratively with the Accounting Manager/Controller. Participates in the general accounting and financial reporting services of the Region and its affiliates. Completes assigned tasks in the month end close and reconciliation process. Supervises, directs, mentors and trains the accounts payable staff. Responsible for the accounting processes surrounding all capital projects and fixed assets. Assists with completion of all required and assigned work papers for the annual audit. May assist is the preparation of tax and government reporting.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Extensive knowledge of electronic data processing systems and general ledger software
- Proven proficiency in electronic spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing programs
- Must be resourceful and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit the ability to successfully coordinate and manage activities across multiple tasks
- Proactive, articulate, effective and positive communications skills are required
- Supervisory skills in the promotion of a spirit of cooperation, retention, and desire for excellence in a team.
EXPERIENCE: Five years accounting experience to include: Financial statement preparation; GL Month End processes; account variance analysis; financial analytics; audit preparation; exposure to joint ventures, partnership and consolidation accounting; accounts payable experience with increasing responsibility; complex fixed asset responsibility; financial management of physician practices and acute care helpful.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:-Responsible to: Accounting Manager and Controller
- Bloodborne pathogen A
No contact with any body fluids. Office environment with many and conflicting deadlines. Must be able to maintain composure and manage multiple priorities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Extensive keyboard data entry using sound ergonomic principles. Requires knowledge of general safety standards.