Apply Now Senior Accountant Job in Irving
The TLRA Accountant is responsible for providing general accounting functions, support, and financial reporting. This includes all cash posting activities, daily journal entries; daily payment file uploads to our clients, daily bank reconciliations, electronic data processing, and payment research items(examples: credit card disputes, unapplied cash, overpayments, NSF, chargeback’s, and check research). This role is responsible for reconciling all payment processing batches (both electronic and manual) and data files on a daily basis and communicating variances to appropriate customers, associates, or vendors. This role is responsible for performing full inventory balance reconciliations monthly, and performing reviews of negative payments, overpayments, and payer recoupment transactions generated from electronic interface files. Other critical functions of this position are to produce the monthly TLRA 1 & 3 (posting reconciliation worksheets), general ledger account reconciliations, TLRA accounts receivable reconciliations, accounts payable coding of invoices, coordinating the CMS for sending payment to our clients, and the formatting and submission of ME client statements. This position acts as backup to the Accounting Manager and is expected to accurately perform the critical work activities of that position such as performing month end close procedures. Additionally, this position will review the work performed by the Accounting Support Specialists in the unit to support the various reconciliations being performed, and assist in the training of the Accounting Specialist(s) and the Accounting Support Specialist(s). The TLRA Senior Accountant will assist in trending client inventory reconciliations on a regular basis, as well as performing monthly audits and reconciliations of intercompany balance sheet and income statement accounts. From time to time this role will be asked to perform some ad-hoc research projects, which will require a thorough analysis of financial and non-financial data. This role will also communicate with CHRISTUS Health facility management on a daily basis to resolve issues related to TLRA accounting, corporate accounting, and Treasury.
- Responsible for the completion of the all activities related to the non-electronic and electronic data interchange of TLRA’s payment transactions to our clients; also known as the Upload process.
- Acts as backup to the Accounting Manager and able to perform month end close procedures to reconcile all general ledger accounts, cash entries, accounts payable, able to provide Corporate Accounting the appropriate reconciled worksheets, able to perform the close procedures of our database applications, CUBS, and able to provide month end summary and performance statistics and reports.
- Responsible for the completion of the cash management functions used to transfer monies to our patron and non-patron clients.
- Possess a sufficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP and submit to Corporate Accounting for posting in a timely manner.
- Play a significant role in the creation of a “Policies & Procedures” library related to processes performed in TLRA-Accounting.
- Participate in, and at times, conduct meetings with Corporate Accounting to resolve significant accounting issues affecting TLRA and/or the CHRISTUS facilities.
- Complete all cash posting and reconciliation activities associated with the data files received from TLRA’s bank, online web CSR and RPO modules, and direct deposits.
- Ensure proper GL coding on all check requisitions for accounts payable and receivable for client invoicing.
- Responsible for all system processes, data entry and reconciliation functions associated with manual cash posting activities.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the bank statement.
- Ensure cash posting is reconciled on a daily basis and errors or variances are accurately logged.
- Complete the notification process to internal associates and customers when payments cannot be accurately applied to accounts in TLRA’s system.
- Process NSF chargebacks and check research.
- Process all patient account balance adjustment requests within required timeframes, while understanding the financial impact to CHRISTUS’ facilities and TLRA when a decision to adjust financial transactions is made.
- Assist in the training of Accounting Support Specialists for the various tasks related to that role.
- Assist in the creation of cost-effective & time-efficient automated accounting processes.
- Maintain integrity over internal controls related to cash handling, as this position will occasionally require the need to access the cash safe.
- Reviews, reconciles, and processes all negative payments and 474 transactions monthly associated with overpayments, payment reversals, negative payments, and recoupments.
- Review client ME statements to ensure accuracy of information and to ensure formatting is correct.
- Performs and processes client inventory balance reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for performing research and analysis associated with information requests from management, clients and customers.
- Act as a liaison to TLRA’s bank and processing vendor when issues or problems occur.
- Ensure that all cash posting is reconciled on a daily basis and errors or variances are accurately logged.
- Instrumental in completing the A/P process, which includes coding invoices and/or check requests with the correct G/L account number; obtaining the System Director’s approval; logging all approved check requests, ACH requests, and invoices into the TLRA AP log; and delivery of these items to Corporate AP, when necessary.
- Adhere to timeframes and deadlines for all payment posting and reporting functions.
- Ensure all key reports, journals, and documents are accurately labeled and stored for permanent records each month.
- Perform other special projects as required or assigned.
- Maintains professional growth, skills, and competencies to continuously improve the quality of services provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting training and experience required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers and vendors.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Excellent written and time management skills required
- Five to Seven years performing general accounting functions, (both accounts receivable and accounts payable. A banking or healthcare setting beneficial and preferred.
- Solid knowledge and utilization of PC applications to include WORD and Excel.
- Must have advanced skill set in EXCEL and working knowledge of ACCESS databases.
- Solid knowledge of bank lockbox functions and activities.