Security Officer-Armed - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville
1500 East Houston Street
Beeville, TX 78102
Share This Job On
Apply Now Security Officer-Armed - PRN Job in Beeville
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients, and visitors, especially under difficult circumstances.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws, policies, and procedures.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a motor vehicle license
- Demonstrated competence with a handgun, handcuffs, baton, non-crisis intervention certification, and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally charged
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires, chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather conditions.
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint and be able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients of all sizes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible violence
- Minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may be substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- Level 3 Certification (Texas) and valid Armed Security License (Louisiana) required.
- Requires an active level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) in Texas
- Requires an active level three security officer commission with the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of hire.
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of full-time employment.
- Must pass CHRISTUS Health psychological screening before hiring.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be completed (online or in a seat):
- IS -- 100.c
Per Diem As Needed