Security Officer Armed
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Security Officer Armed Job in Corpus Christi
The Armed Security Officer's duties include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity, providing security for patients, associates and visitors, protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets, and premises as assigned. The Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security-related tasks as directed by a security supervisor.
- Conducts frequent security patrols of the facilities and grounds as assigned.
- Identifies and reports trends related to security issues. Recommends actions.
- Takes initial information for an incident report, uses proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, notes only the facts, leaving out personal opinions and submits a report in a timely manner (no later than the end of assigned shift).
- Responds promptly to all service requests relayed by the supervisor, telephone, pass-on, e-mail, radio, cell phone and other correspondence in a courteous and expeditious manner.
- Responds to the collection, inventory, and return of lost and found items, patient valuables, medication, and personal property according to policy.
- Enforces all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of CHRISTUS Health and the laws of the State of Texas.
- Controls and enforces facility parking through the use of patrols, violation warning citations, towing, booting and explanation of rules as applicable.
- Assists clinical/non-clinical Associates with combative patients or visitors.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned client care responsibilities in a way that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of persons served by the department.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in the operation of the Attendant Console, Paging System, security radio/dispatch system, operations of the Digital Video Recorder (NVR) security monitors (CCTV) and the general overhead paging system.
- Must be proficient with the use of a PC to generate electronic daily activity security reports, incident reports, emails and other applicable electronic correspondence during the performance of duties.
- Promotes a safe environment by reporting safety hazards observed (broken water/sprinkler lines, burned out internal/external lighting, smoke/gas odors, tripping hazards, etc) during the performance of security rounds.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the physical, cultural, age-specific, and other developmental needs of each person served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.