RT, Radiologic Technologist - Urgent Care
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CHRISTUS Velocity Care Clinic Youree
7045 Youree Drive
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now RT, Radiologic Technologist - Urgent Care Job in Shreveport
- Preparing patients for radiologic exams. Take x-rays ensuring patient care and safety.
- Using a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
- Ensuring equipment is in working order. Report equipment malfunctions to Radiology Supervisor.
- Responsible for sending x-rays for over-reads to the Radiologist as requested.Triage patients /Obtain vital signs
- Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided,
- Administer IM, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections.
- Radiologic Technologists may not administer narcotic injections via oral, IV, or IM route.
- IV therapy
- Perform EKGs
- DOT/school/sports physicals
- Autoclave instruments
- Maintain effective use of time when patient volume is low, such as, but not limited to, stocking rooms, shelving inventory, assisting in maintaining a clean work environment, assisting with laundry
- Maintains open lines of communication between nursing shifts, as well as other departments, supervisor, and physician
- Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members
- Works as a team member
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Record daily fridge/freezer temperatures and room humidity
- Proper technique for collecting, handling, testing, and resulting in the chart: strep, flu, mono, RSV, UA, UPT, and blood glucose testing,
- Proper use of the Abaxis for CMP
- Ability to appropriately perform and document Quality Control on the above mentioned tests
- Knowledge of protocol if QC fails
- Knowledge of critical values for glucose testing, CBC, and CMP
- Proper use of PPE at all times
- If certified as a lab assistant, will perform moderated complexity testing of hematology samples, proficiency testing, and daily quality control, and general maintenance of the hematology analyzer.
- Once certification is obtained, will be expected to:
Breath Alcohol Testing
Urine Drug Screens
Hair Follicle Drug Collection
Pulmonary Function Tests
- Must possess and maintain current ARRT and State license