RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist Lead - Full Time
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist Lead - Full Time Job in Texarkana
The shift leader will be responsible for shift assignments, ABG Quality Control and for assuring that when triage of patient and treatments is necessary it is done according to policy. Responsible for providing Respiratory Care in accordance with policy and procedures. Oversight and support of staff therapists to assure quality patient care at all times. Responsible for documentation and charges for the Respiratory Care Department. This is an advanced practitioner position and should be an individual who works well without direct supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Registered Respiratory Therapist Program will assure minimum job knowledge and clinical skills.
- Must pass RRT exam within 12 months of hire and/or promotion date.
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience as a respiratory therapist in an acute care required.
- Must have at least one year experience and have accountable knowledge of skills to function without direct supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Texas RCP license required. BCLS required.