Apply Now RN Supervisor, Registered Nurse Supervisor - Clinic Job in Houston
This position provides leadership in all situations. The Nurse Supervisor provides guidance and direction to medical practice sites to drive patient safety and clinical quality. This role is responsible for implementing policies and processes that assess, train, and drive clinical competence and positive patient outcomes. Provides feedback and assistance to Practice Manager concerning customer satisfaction, staff development, and associate performance and satisfaction. The Nurse Supervisor leads our teams by working collaboratively with Licensed Health Care Provider(s), Practice Manager, and Clinic Program(s) Medical Director to provide assessment, treatment, education, local state and national regulations and statues to facilitate quality care.
- Coordinates with CHRISTUS Quality Department, Practice Manager, and Medical Director to lead quality initiatives that drive improvements in medical practices assigned in region.
- Works with team members (Coordinator(s), Manager, Physician Director(s)) to ensure adequate coverage for each clinic program and is flexible in sharing the workload when unexpected changes in staffing occur.
- Develops, communicates and updates clinic(s), standards and protocols. Adheres to CHRISTUS Health policies and procedures to meet trends in clinic practice and patient services.
- Participates in strategic planning, the identification and development of new ministries.
- Supervises the clinical areas to ensure timely and efficient management.
- Coordinates with Clinic Programs to ensure projects and assignments are coordinated as necessary with associates.
- Promotes the development of professional and non-professional nursing associates using teaching and role modeling techniques.
- Demonstrates adherence to the Mission and CORE values of CHRISTUS Health
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in daily clinic operations, working directly with clinical associates and health care providers to maximize efficiency and quality of clinical services.
- Assists with scheduling and evaluation of clinical associates.
- Promotes effective communication between the clinical associates and health care providers, other departments, practice manager, patients, and others associated with the clinic.(families, collaborators etc.)
- Provides support to staff during emergencies.
- Communicates regularly with practice manager and medical director concerning pertinent associate, physician and patient information.
- Assesses staffing requirements and flexing associates to meet those requirements.
- Assists in the procurement of equipment and supplies required for efficient, effective patient care.
- Assesses effectiveness of clinical operations, staffing, provider satisfaction, patient safety.
- Assumes responsibility as outlined in the fire/disaster and other emergency plans.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures related to workman’s compensation, employee health and risk management for clinical associates in conjunction with the practice manager and the medical director.
- Assists associates in understanding and implementing departmental and organizational standards, policies and procedures to facilitate the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Promotes the development of the clinical associates using teaching and role modeling techniques. Assists clinical associates in developing and enhancing nursing skills, priority setting and problem solving ability.
- Ensures that clinical associates’ knowledge and competency are maintained and developed through attendance at in-service programs.
- Assists in the evaluation of education needs of associates and develops/coordinates programs to meet educational needs.
- Serves as family/patient advocate, assuring rights of patients/families are respected. Identifies and takes action in response to patient/family/health provider concerns.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient responsibilities in a manner that meets the needs of the population served by the clinic.
- Ensure patient assessment, management and treatment activities are adapted to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age and other unique needs to each patient served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, other regulatory agencies and CHRISTUS health.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protect the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Masters Level Nursing degree.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience with 2 years leadership experience
- Registered Nurse, current CPR certification