RN, Registered Nurse - Wound Care
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Wound Care Job in Corpus Christi
Assists physicians and hospital staff in the management of patients with internal reservoirs, fistulas, draining wounds, special wound and skin problems, decubitus care and skin ulcers, incontinence, tracheostomy, and gastrostomy care with attention to specific tube-feeding problems. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents enterostomal patient education needs and care according to established hospital policies. Offers in-service presentations to hospital and home care staff. Demonstrates specific care needs based on knowledge of correct prosthetic ostomy equipment and related products. Promotes patient education and care by developing and updating programs.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Training and experience in debridement and negative pressure preferred. Must be able to educate others regarding would care and patient wound status.
- Must possess two or more years of recent experience as a Registered Nurse with wound care, emergency room or critical care experience preferred.
- Current Texas RN license required.
- CPR (American Heart Association) Wound Care certification or in progress