8AM - 5PM
RN, Registered Nurse - Trauma Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Trauma Clinic
630 S Fleishel Avenue
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Trauma Clinic Job in Tyler
Coordinates the prevention activities of the Trauma Service. Coordinates performance improvement activities of the Trauma Service. Participates in staff education, clinical care of the trauma patient and trauma team alerts. Develops and oversees the Injury Prevention program within the community.
- Assumes responsibility for the injury prevention program.
- Plans and carries out injury prevention activities utilizing the trauma registry for identification of needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of injury prevention programs.
- Participates in regional prevention coalitions and activities.
- Assists the Trauma Program Manager with performance improvement activities; completing assigned trending reports.
- Participates in the educational activities of the Trauma Service.
- Serves as an active member of the Trauma Team.
1. Daily review of care of all admitted trauma patients
2. Attending morning patient care rounds
3. Review care provided to all trauma registry patients (+/- 1500/ year)
4. Assist with monitoring adherence to all practice management guidelines and monthly reporting of compliance
5. Assist with generation of monthly dashboard
6. Assist with preparation for monthly Trauma morbidity and mortality meeting
7. Generate PI referrals on identified issues; send to appropriate referral source, track response and loop closure
8. Participate in monthly American College of Surgeon’s PI and TQIP webinars
9. Assist with mandatory registry data validation
• Participates in the educational activities of the Trauma Service:
1. Annual trauma symposium
2. TNCC instructor within 2 years of hire
3. ENPC instructor within 2 years of hire
4. ATCN instructor preferred
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in emergency, critical care or trauma nursing.
- Charge/Supervisory experience a plus.
- Basic CPR Excellent human relations and oral / written communication skills.
- Patient and public education / communication.
- Maintain program records/data Understand principles of performance improvement, adult and child learning principles and program evaluation.