7AM - 7PM
RN, Registered Nurse - Surgical MedSurg - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - Surgical MedSurg - PRN Job in San Antonio
The Uro/Neuro/Ortho unit at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital at the Medical Center is a 22 private bed unit that specializes in caring for the specialties of Urology, Neurology, and Orthopedic patients after surgery. The experienced medical staff provides exceptional care for emergent/elective surgical patients and maintains a high patient satisfaction rating. Our goal is to extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ through providing compassionate, excellent, and safe care for those who entrust us with their care and the community around us.
This is a PRN position. Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Per Diem As Needed