RN, Registered Nurse - Surgery
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Sulphur Springs
115 Airport Road
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - Surgery Job in Sulphur Springs
Responsible for patient assessment, patient care planning, and provision of quality nursing care to an assigned group of patients for a defined work period. Provides direction and supervision to LVN/LPNs, nursing assistants, unit secretaries and other clinical/clerical associates. By assignment, may function as charge nurse for the unit. Involves provision of patient care/service to older adolescent, young adult, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients
- Develops comprehensive nursing care plan which addresses all significant needs and problems identified through nursing assessment.
- Prepares nursing elements of the interdisciplinary care plan prior to the initial team conference.
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan and collaborates with team members as changes occur.
- Implements patient care as planned in nursing care plan and interdisciplinary care plan.
- Sets priorities based on knowledge of patient acuity and patient needs.
- Provides safe and therapeutic care and seeks resources when appropriate.
- Safely performs and accurately documents procedures, consistent with established nursing policy and procedure.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and attainment of goals in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates progress toward nursing goals and revises goals as needed on a weekly basis.
- Completes nursing progress note for assigned patients on a daily basis.
- Completes nursing flow sheets for assigned patients on a daily basis.
- Evaluates education needs of patient and significant others and documents their response to teaching. • Utilizes, adapts, and revises teaching resources to meet patient education needs.
- Explains procedures, tests, and disease process to patients and families as needed.
- Acts as role model for health care students and other team members.
- Acts as preceptor to assigned orientees.
- Assists in orientation of new staff by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Reports and documents accurately and concisely to appropriate persons the patient's condition.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Applies basic verbal and nonverbal skills to maintain open, effective communication among care team members, patients, and significant others.
- Encourages direct discussion between staff members when differences occur and seeks assistance to arbitrate differences as needed.
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback appropriately.
- Identifies actual and potentially unsafe patient care practices, reports them in the designated manner, and suggests alternatives.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- RN License in State of Employment or Compact