RN, Registered Nurse - Radiology Interventional - PRN Job in San Antonio
Position supports the patient care mission of the Interventional Radiology Lab and supports staff flexibility goals by working as part of a clinical team and through effective cross-training. The individual in this position is qualified to provide high quality/acuity nursing care through appropriate medication administration, medication and procedure documentation; cross-train to perform hemodynamic monitoring and scrub assist. Performs assigned direct and indirect patient care in accordance with departmental and organizational goals. Operates all nursing related equipment, computers, and software related to direct patient care and documentation of care. Contributes to the general operation of the department by participating in managing/stocking supplies, keeping the work area(s) orderly, engaging in patient transportation, and post-procedure care as appropriate while supporting customer service initiatives. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development to perform procedures on and assist in the care of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient. A current Registered Nursing (RN) License will be required for these individuals prior to employment.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- Education / Professional Qualifications: High School Diploma required. Graduate of a diploma, associate (ADN), or baccalaureate (BSN) academic program in nursing yielding a Registered Nursing (RN) License as required
- Training/Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and basic computer skills required. Prior Interventional Radiology-based training and advanced computer system skills preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year prior Acute Care hospital experience in intensive care, emergency care, or cardiovascular care required (e.g. Cath Lab, ICU, Cardiac IMC, ER); prior Interventional Radiology experience preferred
- Current State Nursing License (RN) required
- Current BLS required
- Current ACLS required
- PALS Certification Preferred (Required for Pediatric setting)
- PEARS Certification Preferred (Required for Pediatric setting)
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.