3PM - 11PM
RN, Registered Nurse- Pre-Screening Nurse
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse- Pre-Screening Nurse Job in Texarkana
The Pre-Screening Case Manager effectively screens all potential admissions and transfers for appropriateness of acceptance and appropriate level of care. Critically thinks through decisions and utilizes appropriate criteria and organizes multitasking efficiently. Exhibits professional communication skills with all clinical personnel. In house support after hours for ED and medical floors for discharge needs for patients and potential patients. Facilitates transfers into the hospital from outlying hospitals. Status changes for admissions in to computer from ED and PACU. Works closely with room control. Proficient computer skills with the ability to multitask.
- Graduate of accredited ADN or BSN program; BSN Preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Negotiating skills which support the ability to interact with physicians, nursing staff, discharge planners, and payers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of clinical protocol, normative data and health benefit plans, particularly coverage and limitation clauses.
- Ability to manage several projects and cases simultaneously. Knowledge of community resources.
- Minimum of five years recent clinical experience as an RN.
- Maintain state RN licensure and provide organization with verification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.