7PM - 7AM
RN, Registered Nurse - Post-Surgical Care
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Post-Surgical Care Job in San Antonio
In our Post-Surgical Care Unit, we see a variety of medical and post-op surgical patients. We have the capacity to remotely monitor our patient’s telemetry status. Our unit is fast-paced and there is always an opportunity to learn about new disease processes. This unit will provide you with the fundamental basics that are essential for any nurse when applying your knowledge in the acute care setting. RNs care for patients with elective surgeries, fractures from the ER, Ortho surgeries and Bariatric surgeries.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family! **This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.