RN, Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intermediate Care (Nights)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital-30200
333 N Santa Rosa St
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intermediate Care (Nights) Job in San Antonio
The Children's Hospital of San Antonio/CHRISTUS Health System is seeking pediatric intermediate care nurses to provide care and treatment for children and adolescents with intermediate critical care disease processes. The Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit is designed for pediatric patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the intensive care unit, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units.
Our intermediate care unit currently consists of 16 beds with telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the physician. Typical nurse to patient ration is 1:3. RNs collaborate with a diverse multidisciplinary team to provide compassionate and family-centered care for intermediate care patients and their families.
Join the only stand-alone children's hospital in San Antonio providing comprehensive pediatric care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal