RN, Registered Nurse - Palliative Care
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Palliative Care Job in Corpus Christi
This position is responsible for providing the care for palliative care in-patients for the CHRISTUS Spohn Health System. Conducts palliative care clinical assessments and participates as part of the multidisciplinary care team by consulting with patients, families and staff regarding palliative care issues. Participates in the implementation of Palliative Care Guidelines in accordance with National Standards. Provides education activities to promote the activities of the Palliative Care Program consultative services.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- Two (2+) or more years of Nursing experience, preferably Critical care, Emergency Room, Inpatient nursing or Oncology experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge about home care, hospice, palliative care, advance directives, pain management, symptom control, and discharge planning.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)