RN, Registered Nurse - NICU
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-South-25300
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - NICU Job in Corpus Christi
Our 24-bed Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit allows premature babies and newborns with special needs to stay close to their recovering mothers. All babies who come to our NICU are critically ill infants who are born prematurely, typically between 24 and 36 weeks, as many of these infants have low birth weights with multiple medical problems. Our NICU also cares for full term newborns with medical problems. We have approximately 220 deliveries a month. Our NICU offers board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners available 24/7 to manage any complications with premature or critically ill newborns.
Although the fragile newborns we care for are sustained by sophisticated equipment, the NICU team never loses sight of the CHRISTUS vision and the healing power of "the human touch" through family centered care. Our staff is so dedicated to ensuring every mom and family have a great experience at Spohn South. We are a Texas Ten Steps facility which means breastfeeding is very important to us. We are on the journey to Baby Friendly Designation which places the infant and family at the center of everything we do.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred. Level III NICU experience strongly preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- NRP required within 90 days of hire or transfer date
- STABLE certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer date