RN, Registered Nurse - Med-Surg Stroke/Renal Job in Lake Charles
Unit 31 is a 32-bed acute medical surgical unit specializing in renal, stroke and urology patients. Our average daily census is 24-27 patients. We provide care for chronic and acute renal disease patients, many of whom have comorbid conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and infectious wounds. We also care for the acute stroke patient population once they are stabilized enough to leave our ICU. Unit 31 serves a patient population ranging from the young adult to the geriatric. Our goal is to provide exemplary care utilizing evidence based practice and providing thorough discharge teaching to prevent/delay subsequent hospitalizations. Our team works well together and loves our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to our patients.
- Graduate of an RN program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk
- Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana;
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support