Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - LDRPN - PRN Job in Kingsville
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
The Kleberg LDRP/Nursery department has 6 LDRP rooms, one triage room with capacity for two patients and the OB OR. The unit is staffed by Registered Nurses responsible for all areas including Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum and Nursery. The volume varies by time of year, but averages 26 births per month and 45 outpatient visits per month. We also have a Level 2 nursery offering the benefit of a higher level of care without family having to travel. Our babies stay with mom from delivery to discharge in most cases. We are a small LDRP and Nursery department with a grasp of “the big picture”. The team of nurses is engaged and high functioning and have the opportunity to participate on an active Unit Based Council, and in regional and local committees.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within six months of hire or transfer
- NRP required within 90 days of hire or transfer date
- AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Certification required; Experienced RNs have 6 months from hire/transfer date to obtain certification. New grads and transfers new to Labor & Delivery will have one year from hire/transfer date to obtain certification.
Per Diem As Needed