RN, Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-South-25300
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery Job in Corpus Christi
The CHRISTUS Spohn South Labor and Delivery, Antepartum and Obstetrical Emergency Departments are all staffed by one group of associates that are crossed trained in all three areas. Registered Nurses, OB Surgical Technicians, Certified Nurse Aides and Unit Secretaries make up our wonderful team of associates. In addition we have 24-hour CRNA coverage for maternity anesthesia and our OBED is staffed with in-house OB Hospitalist to accept transfers, care for patients and handle emergencies 24 hours a day. We average about 220 deliveries per month. We are capable of providing care for our patients in need of Non-stress test, Amniocentesis, Induction of Labor, Management of Postpartum complications such as hemorrhage or elevated blood pressure, and have the capability to begin an emergency section within 30 minutes of decision time and recognized as a Texas Ten Step for Breastfeeding. Our department is a happy environment for the patient and family, and our team provides an exceptional patient experience.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within six months of hire or transfer
- NRP required within 90 days of hire or transfer date
- AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Certification required; Experienced RNs have 6 months from hire/transfer date to obtain certification. New grads and transfers new to Labor & Delivery will have one year from hire/transfer date to obtain certification.