Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - ICU - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
CHRISTUS Spohn South’s Medical Intensive Care Unit has as a total of 8 beds which contributes to a close-family like atmosphere for the associates. This quaint environment promotes and requires teamwork to facilitate and maintain superior patient outcomes and staff satisfaction above the national benchmark, evident through NDNQI benchmarking. The average daily census is approximately 7- 8 patients and the top 5 diagnosis for patients in the unit includes cardiac arrythmias and conduction disorders, diabetes with and without major complication or comorbidity, sepsis with and without multi-organ failure, renal failure, and respiratory failure with and without major complication or comorbidity.
Our team genuinely cares for each other, which translates into high staff satisfaction and extraordinary patient outcomes. Our team has a vested interest in new members to the team, and easily welcomes, and teaches new members our way of life which includes an appreciation to grow professional knowledge and practice through education, in-services, and recognition.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
Per Diem As Needed