RN, Registered Nurse - ICU Job in Alice
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice Intensive Care Unit has the privilege of taking care of our critically ill patients from our community. Serving the city of Alice, Jim Wells County, and the surrounding area, we provide evidenced-based quality care supported by the hospital team. Our eight-bed unit is equipped with newly purchased cardio-pulmonary equipment and is supported by a team of professionals throughout the hospital. But it is the nursing team that is the highlight of the unit. The teamwork and dedication to each other and their patients is the catalyst for providing quality care to the critically ill patient. With an active Unit-based Council and participation in the Diversity Council the nurses have a strong voice in their practice and care of the patient. The nursing staff lives in the surrounding area, and we strive to provide the best care possible to all patients because the patient could be and often is one of our own.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date