RN, Registered Nurse - ICU
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Beeville-25500
1500 E. Houston Highway
Beeville, TX 78102
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - ICU Job in Beeville
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The CSH Beeville ICU has 8 beds and a large proportion of the patients we look after each year need very complex care. Our interdisciplinary team works together to save and improve the lives of critically ill patients. We recognize that friends and families of our patients are worried and concerned. We always want to help ease their natural anxieties. We always assure them that we are taking the very best care of their loved one. Our team is experienced; our number one priority is caring for our patients and helping them recover.
Our ICU team includes critical care nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and case coordinators. The entire team develops a plan of care, which is frequently communicated to the patient and the patient's family. Our interdisciplinary team works together to save and improve the lives of critically ill patients.
As a unit we recognize the importance of maintaining a healthy balance between our nursing career and our personal life. We as an organization made the commitment to support our nurses with this. For that reason we instituted our self-scheduling. This will allow any member of our team to choose their own schedule. All nurses in the ICU work together on a schedule that benefits their private life while maintaining a safe staffing for the department. CSH Beeville ICU flexible staffing program provides the optimal work-life balance for our nurses.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date