RN, Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis - Beeville
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville
1500 East Houston Street
Beeville, TX 78102
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis - Beeville Job in Beeville
A Registered Professional Dialysis Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. This position participates in the development and implementation of individualized and comprehensive plan of care for each patient, provides direct and indirect care to patients as it relates to their dialysis treatment, including pre- and post-assessments, and administrations of medications during dialysis. In addition, the Registered Professional Dialysis Nurse operates all dialysis equipment and supplies in accordance with hospital and departmental policy to provide expected patient outcome and documents in the medical record accordingly.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is designated by the Texas Department of Health as a Level IV Trauma Center, providing 24 hour emergency and intensive care services for critically ill or injured patients, and stabilizing some 16,500 patients in the ER each year. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is licensed for 69 beds and offers Emergency Services, Intensive Care, Medical Surgical Services, Obstetrics, Surgical Services, Critical Care, and Rehabilitation Services. The hospital has three operating rooms; eight same-day surgery rooms; two endoscopy rooms; an expanded recovery area; new cardiopulmonary service area and an expanded outpatient services wing. Women’s Services includes nine birthing suites and a full service nursery, with access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Beeville, Texas is centrally located between the Texas Hill Country and the Gulf Coast, comprised of small local flare, various eateries, a local community college and small town hospitality.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- 1 year of dialysis experience required
- 12 months acute clinical experience as a Registered Nurse required
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred
- Clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting, preferred
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Certification in Nephrology Nursing preferred
- A Water Treatment Knowledge Exam- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- A Hemodialysis Knowledge Exam- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- Certification in Nephrology Nursing preferred, required within 1 year of eligibility to take the exam